I don't understand God yet

He is my teacher, he is my friend
pure spotless innocent lamb
He is my doctor
He is my love
Son of God and son of man

Nothing can stand under the power of His hand
But he came here to heal the weak and broken man
He is love, He is love
He is love, He is love

Kind hearted kindred
merciful friend
Compassion extends in His hands
He died to bring life
Magical, lyrical man

He knows our every weakness
He has built our house on faith
He was with us in our darkness
and He loves us all the same
~Love Song, Molly Williams~


I know the God to whom I pray for safety. I know the God I beg for healing. I know the God who is a distant sentinel over humankind. I know the God who judges and disciplines. I need to learn more about the other side of God: mercy, kindness, forgiveness, the God who wants to be my friend.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all that I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. ~Philippians 4:13-14 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment