Jumping the gun


Any time the temperature tops 60, the kids start asking to go swimming or run through the sprinkler. I gave in a couple of days ago, and let them go for a twilight run through the sprinkler.


It's one of those moments, as a mom, where you give in knowing the kids are probably going to hate it. The desired effect being they will wait until it is much, much warmer before they want to something crazy like this again.


My plan backfired.




"Mama, I'm FWEEZING!"

It was only after dozens of blue-lipped passes through the freezing water that they told me I was right, it's too cold to go in the sprinkler right now.

I think of God's long line of patience with me, how He allows me to do things that aren't best for me, and waits silently for me to come in from the cold so He can wrap me in His arms again.

I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today
I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today

I just want to feel today, feel today, feel today
I just want to feel something today
I just want to feel today, feel today, feel today
I just want to feel something today

Open me up and you will see
I'm a gallery of broken hearts
I'm beyond repair, let me be
And give me back my broken parts

Just give me back my pieces
Just give them back to me please
Just give me back my pieces
And let me hold my broken parts
~ Be OK, Ingrid Michaelson~

No comments:

Post a Comment