Emerging from the shadows


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth
~ You Never Let Go, Matt Redman ~

The long trial seems to be over. For the moment, at least! I feel like I lost all of September and October to sickness. Amelia started eating yesterday evening, and her energy is improving every time she takes a bite. She is still running a bit of a fever today, and took 3 naps instead of her usual 1, but she is markedly better. Which is great...we were on the verge of heading off to the Cities to a Children's Hospital if she continued to be so sick. Her white blood cell count and platelet count were still high yesterday. Both are signs of a raging infection. The latest hypothesis is that she had H1N1 influenza prior to having surgery, and didn't recuperate well because the surgery further depressed her already-overloaded immune system. However, the doctor opted not to test her for H1N1 as she was far beyond the help of antiviral treatments by the time we brought her in, and the test is only 10-70% accurate anyway.

Thanks for your prayers. School is still stressing me out, as I got horribly behind this week due to the many longs days at the doctor and hospital. I am hoping to catch up over the weekend, but all mothers know that when a sick child starts to get better, the work is really just beginning. I spent the majority of my day holding Amy, reading her stories, and getting her snacks. I went from nurse to nursemaid! I am enjoying the chance to tend to her needs, but didn't get much else done beyond childcare today. I guess I'll have to remain flexible about getting my other tasks done!

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (II Corinthians 12:9 KJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment