Glimpses of glory

It is in the dainty china cups of Belgian hot chocolate, the 10 a.m. brownie bites, the hug from a warm mama when you come in from the crisp autumn morning. It is in the impromptu trip with Grandma to your favorite thrift store, the Christmas cookie tins that cost a dollar but yield hours of imaginative play the next day, in the three hours you spend scrubbing the floor to your four-year-old delight.

My baby's chocolate smile is just a foreshadow of the adoration I will shine with someday soon in heaven. Adoration for moments like those I've had the past two days, watching Him work through me in these budding lives. How much I cannot understand heaven is crystal clear: I assume I'll be adoring Him for what I've received in a temporal world, but I suspect that the memory of bittersweet joy on earth will quickly pale in comparison to the many delights of eternity in God's presence.

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the beauty of your posts makes my heart just ache with pleasure. I must also admit that I REALLY like the center teacup! Almost makes me wish I had a collection! ALMOST!



iliant

Anonymous said...

Boy do I want a brownie now.

Anonymous said...

Oh the brownie comment is from Sara

Post a Comment