Overnight deterioration

As we were warned, Amelia has started to deteriorate again as her spinal fluid builds up the pressure around her brain. Overnight, she became combative and her pain level has notched up all night long. She resists diaper changes and position changes because of her back, leg, neck and head pain. She has become extremely light sensitive, and screams in pain and thrashes when they try to check her pupils or eye movements, prying her eyes open. Now this morning she is vomiting again. It is excruciating to watch, as this is exactly how I woke up on Tuesday. It is so hard that we haven't made any progress yet...toward knowing what the bug is, or improving her condition. I am scared. (What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.)

The plan for today is a sedated MRI and possibly a line placement (a more permanent IV instead of the temporary one in her hand) while she is under. I am not sure what other tests might be ordered, or if they will attempt to drain off more fluid. I know she will probably buy that ICU bed pretty soon if she doesn't improve quickly. (Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct they paths.)

1 comment:

Test said...

Gen,

My heart is breaking for you and your family. I had not read my google.com/reader for awhile, which is where I read my blogs. As I read your blog my heart ached...but then praised God when I read about your pregnancy. I am praying for you Gen!

Heather

Post a Comment