Using this broken reed


I walk with bare, hushed feet the ground
Ye tread with boldness shod;
I dare not fix with mete and bound
The love and power of God.

The bruised reed He will not break,
But strengthen and sustain.
~ John Greenleaf Whittier, paraphrasing Isaiah 42:3 in The Eternal Goodness

In the past week, my blog has been viewed in 25 countries and territories, including U.S. & Alaska, Canada, Mexico, South Africa, India, Indonesia, Norway, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, the Netherlands, South Korea, Bahrain, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Serbia, Jordan, and Singapore. The Internet is a powerful tool. John Piper speaks out about its potential use in advancing the Gospel. It is sobering to view the statistics to my own humble site, that has grown out of my personal pain and struggle into a way of connecting with people all over the world. Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. (Psalm 141:3)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this post...I never thought of using the internet as a medium to spreading the Gospel...but what sense it makes.

Post a Comment