I need a break!

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah."
Psalm 32:7

Do you ever feel like you need a break, like you cannot take one more blow without crumpling? I am a strong person - I inherited that from Grandma Fern and numerous other relatives! - and sometimes I wonder if that is why God allows such massive waves of hardship and sorrow to wash over my life? Am I so stubborn that it takes a day like today to bring me to my knees? The question remains: am I willing, truly willing, to make myself and my family a vessel of suffering for the glory of God? Am I willing to have His strength made perfect through my weakness? I saw a shining example of choice as the critical element of faith yesterday: my grandma, anxiously, frantically fighting for air, soothed and comforted by songs of the psalms. She closed her eyes, consciously lowered herself back and began to breathe regularly, trusting God literally for every next breath. I want to have that spirit of decisively walking forward as I trust in the Lord through this and every trial.

You are my hiding place,
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid;
I will trust you, I will trust in you,
Let the weak say I am strong in the strength of the Lord."

~ Michael Ledner, 1981

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gen,
Your journaling is inspiring! You are honoring God in all circumstances and he will bless you and your family for that. Hang in there!
-Leslie

Post a Comment