I will rejoice!

Lord, hear my voice, hear my cry for You,
Lord, in my heart is such thankfulness,
You set my feet upon the rock,
You took me out of where I was,
You drew me close and taught me that I was someone that mattered.

Lord it's Your selflessness
That covers my weakness
Lord, it's Your mercy, Lord, it's Your mercy!
Lord, it's Your faithfulness
That speaks of Your greatness,
Lord, it's Your mercy, Lord, it's Your mercy!

~ Eoghan Heaslip, Mercy

Tonight I am struggling to stand upon the Rock. To thrust fear and anxiety out of my mind and heart. To enjoy this day with my children and my husband. The air is yellow with waning sun, the air is vibrant with a cool summer freshness, my kids are happily soaking dirt in through their pores and my husband is fencing our garden. I have worked ahead in school, nursed my baby to my heart's content, and am heading upstairs to finish his quilt. Keep me in prayers before that great Throne of mercy tomorrow and Wednesday as I submit to the skill and knife of another faulty human being!

"This is the day which the Lord hath made - I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment