Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

By influence of the Light divine
Let thy own light to others shine.
Reflect all Heaven’s propitious ways
In ardent love, and cheerful praise.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
~ "Awake My Soul, and With the Sun" by Thomas Ken
Man­u­al of Pray­ers for the Use of the Schol­ars of Win­ches­ter Col­lege
, 1674


My voice returned overnight. I am so thankful that I am among the 95% in this one thing. Living the rest of my days, never to raise my voice in song again was a
very difficult thought! Caleb fussed during church today, and I was in the foyer walking around with him. I started to sing to him, and he stared at me, then broke into the sweetest, most joyful smile I've ever seen on his face! As if to say, "I missed that sound, Mama!"

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency." Philippians 4:6-7, 13-14 Amplified

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord, I'm amazed by You
How You love me!

You paint the morning sky
with miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me!

~ Jared Anderson, Amazed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there were better words to express how glad I am to hear that for you! I know I would definitely struggle to accept losing the instrument God gave me to praise Him. Don't forget to let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Nora said...

That is awesome! So glad you got your voice back. It is amazing all the things I take for granted, like my voice. REading your posts, i realize how difficult it would be to NOT have it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gen -

I am very happy for you. What a wonderful gift to get your voice back!

I wanted to share my favorite Hymn from Church.

Be Not Afraid

You shall cross the barren desert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall see the face of God and live.

Refrain:
Be not afraid.
I go before you always.
Come follow me,
and I will give you rest.

2.
If you pass through raging waters
in the sea, you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the pow'r of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all.

3.
Blessed are your poor,
for the kingdom shall be theirs.
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked men insult and hate you all because of Me,
blessed, blessed are you!

I just love it as I have many fears that I just bring to the Lord.

Anonymous said...

I've been catching up on your blog this morning and started reading from the 24th.I am inspired by your strength and faith. I'm so happy to read in the last entry that you have your voice back!
Linda

Post a Comment