The Sound of Silence

When the rain comes
you blame it on the things that
you have done
When the storm fades
you know that rain must fall
on everyone
Rest awhile
it'll be alright
No one loves you like I do
When the rain comes
I will hold you

~ Third Day, When the Rain Comes

My right vocal cord is paralyzed. That is why I can't speak and have trouble drinking. I have to take care not to choke on food or drink, as my airway is always partially open in this condition. This particular doctor is hopeful that the paralysis is temporary, due to bruising around and on the nerve during the surgery. He expects my voice to return anywhere between next week and six months from now. Now, about that bobby whistle...

1 comment:

Nora said...

Gen,

I'm sorry to hear this. I know this must be a difficult time for you. I'll be praying that it is only temporary. Keeping you in my thoughts,

Hugs,

Nora

Post a Comment