Your life is an occasion...

Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!
~ Mr. Magorium, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

It's silly that you can find such deep messages in a children's movie. The girls and I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium this morning. I am trying to watch something with them every day as a little break for my voice, which becomes weak and painful if I overuse it! They love it, of course, as TV and movies are an unusual treat in our home. Break notwithstanding, I am having a day of struggle...Aaron is on call this weekend, and my house is a mess, the children are still in their pj's at 11 a.m., Caleb is fussy because he is going through a growth spurt, Amelia is having a hard time with the difficulty communicating with me...the list goes on and on. There are times when I raise my arms to God and sincerely ask, "REALLY??!! This is what you expect of me?? This is the level of difficulty you think I can handle?? Because I'm not so sure at this moment!!" I found this little song, "Love the World You Find", an encouragement in a dark day. Because He does promise that "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Corinthians 10:13

"For He knoweth our frame; He remembreth that we are dust." Psalm 103:14


You don't know what you're becoming
Who knows what you're gonna be
We don't know where we're going
We don't know cause we can't see

If I could tell your future
I'd say love the world you find.
In the dark times and the hard questions,
Let some sunshine in your mind

~ The Flaming Lips, Love the World You Find