Your life is an occasion...

Your life is an occasion. Rise to it!
~ Mr. Magorium, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

It's silly that you can find such deep messages in a children's movie. The girls and I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium this morning. I am trying to watch something with them every day as a little break for my voice, which becomes weak and painful if I overuse it! They love it, of course, as TV and movies are an unusual treat in our home. Break notwithstanding, I am having a day of struggle...Aaron is on call this weekend, and my house is a mess, the children are still in their pj's at 11 a.m., Caleb is fussy because he is going through a growth spurt, Amelia is having a hard time with the difficulty communicating with me...the list goes on and on. There are times when I raise my arms to God and sincerely ask, "REALLY??!! This is what you expect of me?? This is the level of difficulty you think I can handle?? Because I'm not so sure at this moment!!" I found this little song, "Love the World You Find", an encouragement in a dark day. Because He does promise that "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Corinthians 10:13

"For He knoweth our frame; He remembreth that we are dust." Psalm 103:14


You don't know what you're becoming
Who knows what you're gonna be
We don't know where we're going
We don't know cause we can't see

If I could tell your future
I'd say love the world you find.
In the dark times and the hard questions,
Let some sunshine in your mind

~ The Flaming Lips, Love the World You Find

1 comment:

Nora said...

I heard something a long time ago that has always helped me when I'm struggling with something I don't think I can handle -- It's pretty simple:

"This is big, but God is bigger"

He can see the whole picture, even if we can't, and knows what He is doing. The Bible says to cast your burdens on Him for he cares for you. He is there to help you thru the moments where you feel overwhelmed and exhausted. And He loves you!

Am keeping you in my prayers --

Nora

Post a Comment