Catching up and coming down

Our family had a wonderful weekend of catching up with far-away family and old friends. We played cards, laughed until our sides hurt, ate WAY too much, spent too many hours in the car. It was wonderful!

I haven't weaned Caleb yet. I think I need to re-think my plan, which was to wait until this coming Friday (13 days before my treatment dose, and only 8 days before my scan dose). I need to do it sooner. I am facing the fact that I have an extreme case of denial and just don't want the future to HAPPEN at this point, which is really just plain silly and must just be dealt with and acted on soon. My sweet boy is eating solids very well, and has started taking water and juice from a cup. I am going to try rice milk in a bottle tomorrow, and I am biting the bullet and weaning him tomorrow...

Church was, in short, inspiring today! The topic was contentment in any circumstance, and drew from John 15 and Paul's letters. Perspective again, that necessary daily dose of medicine that erases the most extreme case of the "poor me-s". It is impossible to be miserable when you turn the conscious mind to joy - the body may be weak, but my soul is laughing. Incredibly, I find that God's strength IS sufficient for my weakness... (II Corin. 12:9) He can even hold up a sorry soul that is lacking a thyroid gland altogether! I am still existing on my requisite 4-5 hours of sleep per night, I have had a total of 2 naps since going off my medication, and I am magically keeping up with housework, child care, and school, just as usual. I would say my energy level is at about 90%, which is amazing, considering the doctor warned me I would be in bed nearly 24 hours a day by this point. To me, it is yet more evidence of His miraculous grace. Who knew such things were even possible?!! Yes, He is pruning me; yes, all that trimming can be pretty painful. But by His grace this season of such attention to the details and habits of my thoughts and character will yield a bounty harvest in the years to come.

We can feel
Your mercy falling
You are turning our hearts back again
Hear our praises rise to heaven
Draw us near Lord
Meet us here
~ Chris Tomlin, Kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment