Not dispensed from thought

I know when the stress has grown too strong,
Thou wilt be there.
Thou hearest prayer.
I know that in the crash of falling worlds,
Thou holdest me.
I know that life and death and all are Thine
Eternally.

The work is God's, not ours. We are not dispensed from labour and thought, but from trouble of mind. If we understand God's meaning we shall keep our peace of mind all through. God has never found fault with anyone for trusting too much and expecting too much of Him.

~Janet Erskine Stuart

I want to read the book In Search of a Confident Faith: Overcoming Barriers to Trusting in God, by J.P. Moreland and Klaus Issler. Has anyone read it? I am thinking of getting it for my two-week sabbatical. I started a "countdown" to my first round of treatment on my Facebook account today: 20 days left. 6 days to nurse my son. It is urgent: I am going to bed to nurse him right now! Pray for strength for me as I walk into this next breaker of sorrow; pray for physical strength as I weather the storm within sans thyroid replacement. Just like my doctor said, it is, in fact, essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment