No new tumor growth

My ultrasound today went well. It was a 45-minute scan, and covered my entire neck, upper chest, and chin area, just like the ultrasound at Mayo. The test is slightly less sensitive because the technician wasn't as highly specialized and the machine slightly less good. However, the news is great and cause for much celebration! The radiologist spoke with Aaron and said he sees "nothing to be concerned about" in the way of new tumor growth in my neck. The voice changes and swallowing difficulty is most likely due to scar tissue or worsening of my vocal cord issue. It could also be complicated by my hypothyroidism, which causes dry mouth that results in hoarseness. So the symptoms may improve once I get back on my medications in mid-November.

I also spent the better part of the morning trying to coordinate appointments at the University of Chicago. It looks like I will not be able to get in there until after the radioactive iodine treatment, unless the doctor decides to "overbook" himself. He is an Orthodox Jew and in the middle of the Yom Kippur/Sukkot observation, so he is not checking e-mail or answering phone calls except on Sundays right now. I won't know about the appointment until next week when his secretary gets back to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for this good news. I will be praying for the right sequence of events now between Luther and Chicago. But how wonderful to not find masses on your vocal chords, on your thyroid bed! Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Thank you Heavenly Father for this blessed news!!! We will continue to pray for more blessings from Him!!! I know it must be such a relief to at least hear that the tumor has not grown! We love you Gen ...take care!!!

Tracy said...

Thank you Jesus! I am so thrilled to hear this news - at least a brief relief - to catch your breath and continue the fight. I am still praying....with love :)

Post a Comment