Finding a new song


We've found it in the familiarity and trials of sisters finally together to embrace...to play...to relearn the boundaries of living in this family together. Well or ill alike.

We've found it in family celebrations cut short by sudden trips to the emergency room.

We've found it in celebrating our sameness and togetherness with a set of matching hair cuts.

I've found it - the reticent, type A mother that I am - in all the ways I've searched out to make Amelia love living, headaches, and stumbling, and speech impediments and all. Here she is with her radical new hair cut. I cut off that lioness mane with a few tears falling. Because it hurt her so badly every time I brushed or braided or piggytailed.

It's a new song.

There are a few discordant notes.

But we are singing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment