Sunday update

Amelia remains about the same. She is better in some ways, the same in some ways, and worse in some ways. I am exhausted today, so I am going to keep this short.

Better (praise God!):
  • Eye twitching (nystagmus)
  • Balance while sitting
  • Back and hip pain
  • Irritability/resistance when being evaluated
  • Mood
  • White blood cell count (marker for infection) in blood
Same (keep praying!):
  • Balance while walking
  • Speech mix-ups
  • Hand-eye coordination
  • Pincher grip
  • Head pain
  • Light sensitivity
  • Clinical signs of high intracranial pressure
  • Reflexes are hypersensitive
  • Still no positive cultures to tell us the source of the infection
Worse (keep praying!):
  • Eye crossing (strabismus, esopteria)
  • Pupils have been unequal at times
  • Vomiting has returned
  • Knee pain has returned in both knees
  • Transient agitation/mania
  • One eyelid is drooping
  • Expressions are lop-sided, not symmetric
  • Poor appetite is back, and we are back to forcing fluids to try to get Amelia off the I.V. hydration (she ate and drank well yesterday)
I am also continuing to have signs of a miscarriage. I will have to return to the lab for tests tomorrow to compare to the tests done yesterday. I hope to know whether or not I am miscarrying when I get those results, but they may be inconclusive for up to a week or more. Please pray that I will not have to leave Amelia much over the next few days to monitor my own health.

I have been comforted by this hymn:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

~ Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Helen Lemmell, 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment