Far from painful

You may imagine that I am suffering on my fairly strict no sugar/no starch diet. Much to my own surprise, I have found exactly the opposite is true! I tried a similar diet in college, in an attempt to control my fainting episodes, which at that time were thought to be linked to drops in blood sugar. I wasn't successful...I think probably because I couldn't afford enough protein to satisfy my insatiable hunger as a busy student athlete. Now...with a half of a cow in the freezer - all natural, primarily grassfed at that! - it is quite a different story.

Last night, my meal was steak, a large mixed herb salad with homemade buttermilk curry dressing, and steamed artichoke with yogurt-curry and drawn butter & thyme sauce for dipping. (cultured dairy products are allowed on this special diet)

Visual and gastronomic feasting! Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. (Proverbs 15:17)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are many great cookbooks available to help you in planning menus and preparing food. I am attempting to go this route as well, but I'm very lazy. I wish you the best of luck. Think of the great eating habits you'll be teaching your kids!

Tricia Aspen

Post a Comment