Surgery done, hopeful??

I am going to take my own good advice and not blog at length under the influence of narcotics. The surgery was 1 hour, there was one 6.5 cm (2.5 inch) fibrous tumor removed, and the bloody, gold discharge was confirmed to be coming from the tumor that was removed (the small second tumor was left, to be followed by mammogram). Pathology results should be in (at least preliminary ones) tomorrow. Hopeful that "fibrous" means "benign"? The incision is 2 inches long and quite painful, a probe was used to separate the tough connective tissue from tumor, so I will quit typing and retire to bed with pain pills, husband, clear liquids, and movie in hand.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Gen, you have been on my heart and mind all day. I am so thankful to hear you are home and in the loving arms of family. Rest easy, dear friend.

Peter Stone said...

Thanks for the update. Remembering you in my prayers.
God bless
Peter

Post a Comment