Striving for Relevance


Today I am breaking one of my own rules. I am blogging for a different purpose. I heard about a conference through the network of blogs I read - Relevant. The tag line is "Blessing my family, engaging the world". I can't think of a better way to encapsulate my goal for my life. That is it: my purpose, in a single sentence. It is why I keep focusing outward. It is why I - or should I say "we", as this decision is driven by my solid, faithful, and focused husband - refuse to quit because life is hard right now. It is why I kept writing through each day of the gut-wrenching cancer diagnosis in 2008. Why I kept writing through the lonely days of treatment. Why I wrote every single day of Amelia's life-threatening encephalitis, ADEM and now severe epilepsy. And while I lost a baby and through every surgery and complication that followed.

It is why I am willing to make my blog fit into my life, why I keep plugging away at school, and why I write for a textbook company. Because the trials are redeemed by Christ, and I want to shout it from the rooftops! I refuse to bury the treasure I have found under a mountain of housework.

I have said again and again that I have more strength, endurance and resolve than my culture would like to give me credit for. I refuse to believe that my resources can only meet the demands of mothering and housewifery. And so, I blog; I go to school; and I work from home. I am passionate about it. I feel called to it. And, by the grace of God, I have a husband who agrees! Yes, I would love to attend this conference. At the moment, the funds must go to the more mundane tasks of life, like purchasing a road-worthy vehicle large enough to convey our whole family plus the occasional babysitter. So here is my shout out to Country Bob's BBQ Sauce, which I am sure I would love had I ever had opportunity to taste. My dear readers know all about my spicy new taste buds since receiving radiation in 2008! What a blessing it would be to receive a free ticket to this conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment