Sundays are for family

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
~ John Bowring ~

"Family Sunday" was instituted a few years ago by my parents, who sensed change in the air as some of my siblings started to move farther away from home in pursuit of career, family, mission. It has been a joy to have these days set apart for family games, meals together, and conversation. People have asked me time and time again how I got to this place of faith at such a young age. Herein lies the answer: it was passed down to me from my parents. Not just the church-going habit...way beyond reading Bible stories, or singing songs...see in this video the beauty and warmth of a million choices to serve Him daily with hearts and hands. See the imponderable joy, grace, love that shines in their home today. (And oh, yes - do try to ignore the competing harmonicas - there were three going in the hands of children, which kind of drowns out the beauty at times!)

They did a lot of the hard work so that I never had to - and in this way He will lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. (Exodus 20:5-6)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smile smile smile!

Post a Comment