Floating

For this little girl, the best medicine is and always has been the bath. She had two seizures on Friday and took 4 baths. I reveled in the unbroken beauty of her spirit and her lithe figure, even in illness. She is preserved, so completely. Happy mother's day!




Reminds me that, in addition to our brains and our science and our technological advances, we were first given herbs, wine, bread, oil (Psalm 104). The smallest blessings (running water, heated water, a large antique clawfoot tub) are sometimes the grandest life has to offer.

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
Oh, how He loves us.

If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way
He loves us.

~How He Loves Us, David Crowder Band

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Denise Within the Vine said...

Father God, thank you
For clawfoot baths, bubbles and a stream of water warming this child-heart

Thank you for holding her close keeping her safe when the storms overwhelm her young brain

Be her reason
Be her hope
Be her ever-present-nearness
Safe-Place her spirit dives into when she is afraid

Grow neural pathways to take the discharge

Thank you for Amelia, Brave Beautiful,
A girl who knows her own mind
Her own needs
Give this child Peace
in all ways
Always
Denise Within the Vine

Post a Comment