When destruction comes

Surgery today at 10:30. Praying I come out with a lump removed, not a breast. But God's will be done, not mine. A breast is a very small thing in the grand scheme of eternity.

A friend gave me this from Oswald Chambers:
"When the darkness of dismay comes, endure until it is over,
because out of it comes the following of Jesus which is an unspeakable joy."


For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal.
From six calamities he will rescue you;
in seven no harm will befall you.
In famine he will ransom you from death,
and in battle from the stroke of the sword.
You will be protected from the lash of the tongue,
and need not fear when destruction comes.
~from Job 5~

He doesn't promise we will never be wounded, injured, suffer calamity (even 7 times over), starve in famine, fight battles, be lashed by others, or see destruction come. Destruction may come with surgeon's words tomorrow; but I need not fear. I will be bound up, healed, no harm will befall me, I will be ransomed from death, I will not suffer the stroke of the sword. I will be protected and I need not fear. What comes tomorrow, the news of tomorrow, is not the answer: God's love is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gen,

You, special lady, are prayed for by so many. The Lord wants us to come to Him making our requests, having a relationship with Him. How many people I wonder, have been brought to the Lord in prayer for you? I think the number would amaze us. You are prayed for and especially at 10:30 this morning. I love you my dear niece, wife, mother, sister, child, friend, teacher, aunt, confidant, and the list goes on. Auntie Shera

Post a Comment