There are no orphans


My favorite t-shirt is a bedraggled, stained yellow one from Cafe Press that states, in large, bold type: "My favorite Book says we're all adopted." (Romans 8:16, Ephesians 1:5)


Have you ever thought how many in the Bible - key characters, even? - were adopted? November was "adoption month", but it came and went without a post from me. How do you feel about adoption? Would you open your home to one of the 150 million children needing a home and a family to call their own? We are called to adopt, someday. We don't know when. But we pray daily for the son or daughter that will one day call us "family" through the miracle of adoption. Pray with us? Adopt a sweet boy or girl yourself?

2 comments:

{darlene} said...

pray for me on this one....

Turquoise Gates said...

Gladly, Darlene! You can pray for me, too - I have to be "cancer free" which is about 3 years down the road if all goes well.

Post a Comment